Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Berry Season is in Full Swing

And it appears that I have ignored this blog!
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake
With a name like that, I had to make this recipe.
This morning, I popped this in the oven before heading out for a walk.
When I returned, the house smelled like heaven!
Needless to say, the cake is gone...nothing but a memory.
I found the recipe here
Very simple, using ingredients you probably have on hand.
black and red currants
I did a little research on currants.
And I found out they are easier to handle and clean if they are frozen first.
So, in to the freezer they went.
First on the cookie sheet until frozen and now they are waiting for me in freezer bags.
I have some recipes I am going to try.
And I am open for suggestions...
How do you use currants?
Frozen Daiquiri Mix
And I did manage to make some Strawberry Daiquiri Mix.
The recipe can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment